- Mystic, Connecticut, US
- REQ #:
- Posted at:
- 2021-07-27 01:03:17
About This Center
Pendleton Health and Rehabilitation Center in Mystic, CT is a 120-bed center offering skilled a variety of individualized, health care services for our patients and residents. We are seeking a qualified and committed team member to join our efforts in providing quality care in all aspects of the patient journey. Please consider the following team member opportunity and apply today!
Prepares palatable, nourishing, well-balanced meals to meet the daily nutritional and special dietary needs for each resident.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and serves food and alternates using standardized recipes for regular and therapeutic diets in proper quantities according to the planned menu, production schedule, and resident choices.
- Prepares, stores, and disposes of food using proper food handling, labeling, and safety techniques according to established policies and procedures.
- Insures that food is served in an attractive, appetizing manner. Uses proper tasting technique to insure quality taste and palatability prior to service.
- Maintains the proper temperature of food during preparation and service. Records food temperatures according to established policy.
- Insures that refrigerator/freezer units have an internal thermometer, are within appropriate ranges, and documents according to policy.
- Washes pots, pans, serving utenstils, etc. according to established procedure for manual and/or automatic dishwashing.
- Assists in receiving, storage, and verifying invoices for incoming food and supplies, as indicated by the supervisor.
- Performs assigned cleaning assignments according to established policies and utilizes the proper cleaning chemicals.
- Maintains food service equipment and work spaces in a clean and safe condition at all times according to facility policies and procedures and applicable regulations.
- Responsible for opening and/or closing kitchen.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One-year experience as a cook in an institutional food service setting preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language. Must be able to express self adequately in written and oral communication and to communicate effectively with supervisor and staff members.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors and the general public. Must be able to interpret and implement written or oral programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Dietary Department.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure and weight using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Physical Demands & Environment
Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, walk, and stand intermittently throughout the workday. May occasionally lift or move items of up to 50 pounds. May be exposed to hot/cold temperatures in kitchen/storage areas. Noise level may be above normal in the work environment. Subject to falls, cuts, burns from equipment and hot foods, infectious diseases, odors, etc. throughout the work day. Subject to frequent interruptions. Must possess senses (taste, smell, sight, and hearing), or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately, so that the requirements of this position can be fully met. Must be able to taste and smell food to determine quality and palatability. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position, which includes adherence to strict time constraints. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.