- Kenansville, North Carolina, US
- REQ #:
- Posted at:
- 2021-07-23 14:07:21
About This Center
Kenansville Health and Rehabilitation Center in Kenansville, NC is a 92-bed center offering a variety of individualized, health care services for our patients and residents. We are seeking a qualified and committed team member to join our efforts in providing quality care in all aspects of the patient journey. Please consider the following team member opportunity and apply today!
Represents the company in a positive and professional manner while managing the processes associated with COVID-19 testing under the supervisor of the Infection Preventionist and/or Director of Nursing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports the overall functioning of the center’s COVID-19 testing process to ensure the successful preparation, testing and tracking of staff and resident related to COVID-19.
- Monitors the county positivity rate for the center and reports updates to the Infection Preventionist (IP) or Director of Nursing (DON).
- Ensures staff testing schedules are displayed in predefined locations.
- Ensures the testing area is equipped and ready for testing of staff and/or residents (hand hygiene stations, PPE, blank laboratory requisition forms, testing swabs and packaging are available) at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the testing schedule.
- Ensures the completion of laboratory requisition forms for staff and/or residents.
- Facilitates the shipping and handling of packaged laboratory samples.
- Monitors the COVID-19 laboratory results for staff and residents and reports all results to the IP or DON.
- Updates the COVID-19 tracking tool for routine, symptomatic and outbreak status information for staff and/or residents.
- May perform sample collection (PCR) and/or antigen testing if allowed per individual state practice acts.
- Additional duties as determined by the center to support COVID-19 testing.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Exceptional customer service skills and telephone etiquette.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Working in normal office environment, employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift objects of 10 to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.