- Athens, Texas, US
- REQ #:
- Posted at:
- 2021-07-22 01:10:01
About This Center
Park Highland Nursing & Rehabilitation Center in Athens, TX is a 132-bed center offering a variety of individualized, health care services for our patients and residents. We are seeking a qualified and committed team member to join our efforts in providing quality care in all aspects of the patient journey. Please consider the following team member opportunity and apply today!
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) works under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist to assist with a patient's treatment program in accordance with federal guidelines and state practice acts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides direct treatment to residents as directed by and according to the plan of care outlined by the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Documents resident progress towards meeting established goals.
- Teaches exercises to residents, family members, and caregivers and may provide instruction in the use and care for orthotic, prosthetic devices, and other assisting apparatus.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree from an APTA accredited program.
- Licensed as Physical Therapist Assistant.
Physical Demands & Environment
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.