- Wimberley, Texas, US
- REQ #:
- Posted at:
- 2021-07-20 01:02:20
About This Center
Deer Creek of Wimberley in Wimberley, TX is a 122-bed center offering a variety of individualized, health care services for our patients and residents. We are seeking a qualified and committed team member to join our efforts in providing quality care in all aspects of the patient journey. Please consider the following team member opportunity and apply today!
Administers oral and external medications to residents under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical / vocational nurse.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and administers medications to residents following established procedures.
- Verifies identity of resident receiving medication and records name of drug, dosage, and time of administration on specified forms or records.
- Clarifies any order or treatment regimen believed to be inaccurate, ineffective or contraindicated by consulting with appropriate licensed practitioner. Notifies supervisor when making the decision not to administer.
- Takes and records vital signs upon administration of medications when required.
- Orders and re-orders medications and returns all discharge medications for credit in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Maintains neat, clean, and orderly medication room and cart. Takes appropriate precautions to make sure residents / patient do not have access to medications other than those prescribed.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, or experience as required by state regulations.
- Successful completion of a state approved course and is approved to administer oral and external medication.