- Longmont, Colorado, US
- REQ #:
- Posted at:
- 2021-02-03 01:41:18
About This Center
Applewood Living Center has a strong sense of culture and teamwork where all staff contribute to the mission and are encouraged to share ideas and improve the outcomes of the Center. The goals of the leadership team and staff remain constant in putting residents and staff first and striving to give our TEAM members continual support and training in their career. Applewood Living Center will afford you the opportunity to work in a caring environment while honing unique skills as you grown in your career.
Physical Therapist PT-PRNWage range - $44.04 - $50.77Benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401K, etc.
Physical Therapist (PT) evaluates and treats residents and patients with temporary or long term physical disabilities to relieve pain, restore function, and promote healing by applying the therapeutic properties of exercise, heat, ultrasound, massage and other forms of treatment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Under a physician's order, performs the following within scope of practice and federal guidelines:
- Evaluates, plans and administers treatment to patients with problems related to neuromuscular and musculoskeletal systems.
- Administers and interprets tests and measurements for muscle strength, coordination, range of motion, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency.
- Provides direct resident treatment in accordance with an established plan of care.
- Instructs patients, families, and caregivers in the care and use of wheelchairs, braces, canes, crutches and other devices.
- Maintains patient records.
- Devises special tools and treatment for the specific needs of patients.
- Conducts home assessments as appropriate to ensure discharge of residents to a safe environment.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Physical Therapy.
- One (1) year of clinical experience preferred.
- Current license to practice Physical Therapy issued by the State, if required by state law.
Physical Demands & Environment
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable, law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.