- Wilson, North Carolina, US
- REQ #:
- Posted at:
- 2020-11-20 14:09:38
About This Center
Brian Center Health & Rehabilitation/Wilson in Wilson, NC is a 99-bed center offering a variety of individualized, health care services for our patients and residents. We are seeking a qualified and committed team member to join our efforts in providing quality care in all aspects of the patient journey. Please consider the following team member opportunity and apply today!
Director, Care Transition
- The purpose of this position is to manage and increase a facility's census by establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with hospitals, physicians, insurers, and community organizations that generate resident admissions.
- ** Conducts physical assessments and/or screening of potential residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In accordance to facility and district sales plans, must develop and execute tactics to maximize admissions of residents requiring a sub-acute level of care including regular contact with potential referral sources including hospitals, physicians, insurers, case management companies and health care agencies.
- Maintains an 80% conversion ratio from referrals to admissions.
- Serves as a key member of the facility sales team by assisting other members with coordination of sales calls to key accounts
- Conducts industry analysis annually and local market analysis quarterly. Completes the business development tool (sales plan) weekly.
- Ensures admission screening of potential residents, determines level of care, services required, equipment needs and insurance coverage, as appropriate.
- Ensures company processes are followed to ensure the clinical and financial approval process in a timely manner.
- Coordinates admissions with appropriate departments and staff
- Directs efforts to the managed care industry by setting up appointments with case managers and explaining the services provided
- Contacts local community agencies to generate a positive image and encourage word-of-mouth referral activities.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current regulations governing Medicare / Medicaid and private insurance company reimbursement processes.
- Ensures all required records are maintained and submitted, as appropriate, in an accurate and timely
- Ensures 80% of time is spent outside the building on census development in the local market.
- Participates in weekly sales team meetings, reporting regularly on referral development and progress on targets
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing or 4+ years of relevant work experience
- One to Three (1-3) year's experience in health care, long-term care industry or insurance sales/marketing
- One (1) year experience with proposal development process
- Public relations experience, preferred
- ** Registered Nurse Preferred, but position may be filled by LPN/LVN
- ** RN must have one (1) year experience in patient/resident assessments; LPN/LPN must have a minimum of two (2) years experience in patient/resident assessments.
- Strong technical writing skills
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Superior presentation skills - both one on one and in a group setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)