- Colorado Springs, Colorado, US
- REQ #:
- Posted at:
- 2020-09-28 01:28:58
About This Center
Terrace Gardens Healthcare Center in Colorado Springs, CO is a 90-bed center offering a variety of individualized, health care services for our patients and residents. We are seeking a qualified and committed team member to join our efforts in providing quality care in all aspects of the patient journey. Please consider the following team member opportunity and apply today!
Provides services and care for residents. Responsible for providing instruction and mentoring, and assigning and reviewing work of newly hired Resident Care Specialists / Certified Nursing Assistants.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides personal care and services such as:
a) Assistance with activities of daily living (turning and positioning, toileting, bathing and grooming, feeding, and mobility.)
b) Obtains vital signs, weight, and other resident information as necessary, and reports said information to supervising nurse.
- Provides non-resident services such as, but not limited to, washing wheelchairs and cleaning resident areas in compliance with infection control procedures.
- Makes routine rounds on assigned residents in accordance with established procedures.
- Promptly communicates any significant changes in behavior or condition to supervisor.
- Provides orientation and mentoring to newly hired Resident Care Specialists / Certified Nursing Assistants on specific care routines and individualized resident care.
- Reviews and makes recommendations regarding new hire productivity and performance, and documents and provides feedback as required and necessary.
- Provides ongoing support and guidance to new hires beyond formal mentoring time period, to at least include 90-day introductory period.
- Participates in recruitment and interview processes for Resident Care Specialist / Certified Nursing Assistant prospects.
- Participates in specific committees or work teams (e.g. Quality Staffing) as requested.
- Fulfills all essential duties and responsibilities in the absence of mentoring assignments.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, or related experience and / or training
- Preferred minimum three years experience in job function
- Successful completion of State-approved Nursing Assistant Certification course
- Maintains certification in good standing
- Worked in affiliated facility for at least one year
- 2.3 or higher performance rating (most current evaluation period)
- Two peer reference letters
- One supervisory reference letter
Physical Demands & Environment
Alternate shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, see, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop or kneel. Employee occasionally assists, using appropriate lift equipment and in accordance with specific company guidelines, with lifting and/or transferring residents typically weighing between 100 to 250 pounds (weight may, however, exceed 250 pounds.) Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.