- Palisade, CO, US
- REQ #:
- Posted at:
- 2020-09-16 01:36:28
Supports the Admissions Department's activities in the pre-admission, admission, discharge, and follow-up processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates resident / patient referral and approval process.
- Conducts tours of facility with potential residents / patients and their family members.
- Tracks pre-admission referral activity daily / weekly.
- Assists the Admissions Manager with arrangements and confirmation of all admissions. Notifies Departments of anticipated admission.
- Assures contracts are completed on a timely basis.
- Ensures specialized equipment is ordered as indicated (reviews contract content for need to obtain prior approval from authorized payer).
- Ensures level of care approval obtained as indicated and / or OBRA screen (PASSAR, MIMR) is completed.
- Completes records and documentation in accordance with company policy and state and federal guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- One or more years experience in health care sales / marketing / insurance or commensurate educations preferred.
- Must be familiar with medical terminology.
- Proficient in the use of personal computer.
Physical Demands & Environment
Working in normal office environment, employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift medium to heavy objects including assisting with the movement of Residents. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.