- Atlanta, GA, US
- REQ #:
- Posted at:
- 2020-07-31 14:04:53
Ensures facility is in compliance with regulatory requirements relating to staff credentialing and education. Provides services associated with ongoing professional development of staff at the facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts new employee orientation and coordinates competency completion.
- Ensures for or delivers annual mandatory and continuous education for staff using internal or external resources according to state and federal regulations and company policy.
- Teaches certain in-house courses, such as the NA training program, special care unit training, etc.
- Coordinates employee health program (immunizations, flu shots, physical exams, etc.)
- Monitors and ensures current licensure and certifications of facility staff.
- Maintains employee education, training and health files.
- May assist in the screening and hiring of nursing staff.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One to three (1-3) years experience in health care field, teaching, or training and development.
- May be filled by Registered Nurse, LPN, or a non-nursing individual who otherwise qualifies by way of experience or education.
Physical Demands & Environment
Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Employee may occasionally be exposed to blood or other body fluids. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.