- Marietta, GA, US
- REQ #:
- Posted at:
- 2020-07-31 14:01:05
Evaluates and treats residents and patients with conditions that are mentally, physically, developmentally, or emotionally disabling to improve their ability to perform tasks of daily living and working environments in compliance with federal guidelines and state practice acts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Under a physician's orders, screens and evaluates resident/ patient and develops appropriate care plan.
- Instructs residents, families and caregivers in the use of adaptive equipment such as wheelchairs, splints, and aids for eating and dressing.
- Maintains patient records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Devises special tools and treatments for the specific needs of patients.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Current license in Occupational Therapy (if required by state law).
- One (1) year of clinical experience preferred.
- State approved certification to provide advanced level treatments where applicable.
Physical Demands & Environment
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.