- Clarkston, MI, US
- REQ #:
- Posted at:
- 2020-07-31 01:02:14
Assists the Dietary Manager and Cook in the preparation and service of food to residents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and/or pre-portions and serves food (such as beverages, salads, desserts, and other items assigned by the supervisor) for regular and therapeutic diets according to the planned menu and production sheets and as directed.
- Assembles trays according to the planned menu and tray tickets, stated portion, resident food preferences, and diet order and within the established time schedules.
- Prepares, stores, and disposes of food using proper food handling, food labeling, and food safety techniques according to established policies and procedures.
- Insures that food is served in an attractive, appetizing manner. Uses proper tasting technique to insure quality taste and palatability prior to service.
- Maintains the proper temperature of food during preparation and service. Records food temperatures according to established policy.
- Delivers meals and nourishments to designated facility locations.
- Washes dishes according to established procedures for manual and/or automatic dishwashing. Records wash/rinse/chemical temperatures.
- Performs assigned cleaning assignments according to established policies and utilizes the proper cleaning chemicals.
- Maintains food service equipment and work spaces in a clean and safe condition at all times per facility policies and procedures and applicable regulations.
- Completes work assignments within specified time frames.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Be a minimum of sixteen (16) years of age.
- Must possess, at a minimum, a 10th grade education.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language. Must be able to express self adequately in written and oral communication and to communicate effectively with supervisor and staff members.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public. Must be able to interpret and implement written or oral programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Dietary Department
Physical Demands & Environment
Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, walk, and stand intermittently throughout the workday. May be exposed to hot/cold temperatures in kitchen/storage areas. Noise level may be above normal in the work environment. Subject to falls, cuts, burns from equipment and hot foods, infectious diseases, odors, etc. throughout the work day. Exposed to wet floor in the dish room. Subject to frequent interruptions. May occasionally lift or move items of up to 50 pounds. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.