- Albuquerque, NM, US
- REQ #:
- Posted at:
- 2020-07-27 01:10:48
Quick apply Back to search results
Provides basic personal service to residents under the direction and supervision of a RN or LPN.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors pendant system and answers Residents’ call signals to determine Residents’ needs in 15 minutes or less according to Assisted Living Facility Standards.
- Assists resident with dressing as needed and assigned, so that resident will be dressed appropriately for season and time of day.
- Assists residents with ambulation and transferring as needed and assigned so that residents can move safely through the building. Includes but not limited to removing items from their path in room, encouraging residents to use ambulatory devices as needed and providing security when bathing, dressing, & walking as necessary.
- Provides verbal reminders to residents as needed when it is time for meals, activities, bedtime etc.
- Assists with meal service by serving residents, providing necessary refills or seconds and removing dishes as residents are finished eating. Bus tables after meals to assist in cleaning the dining room.
- Observes resident for change in condition and report any unusual occurrence to the Director of Nursing and/or Assistant Director of Nursing.
- Completes incident report in its entirety for any unusual occurrence, event, or change in condition including only information pertinent to the incident (no elaboration).
- Provides miscellaneous assistance to resident such as helping reach something, find a lost item, redirect as needed, and so forth.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, or experience as required by state regulations.
- Successful completion of a state approved course and is approved to assist with administer oral and external medication.