- Bethesda, MD, US
- REQ #:
- Posted at:
- 2020-07-27 01:06:51
The Wound Care Nurse is responsible for assessing skin alterations, developing plans of care, implementing orders and treatments, and evaluating progress of specialized skin and wound conditions. The Wound Care Nurse evaluates new admissions, participates in weekly wound team rounds, documents status, insures notification of physician and family of changes, and provides education to nursing staff. The Wound Care Nurse identifies wound types, analyzes trends, which will ensure that patient's needs are met in accordance with professional standards of practice through physician orders, center policies and procedures, and federal, state and local guidelines.
Wound care certification is preferred. Prior wound care experience is required.
- Assesses patients by physical examination including pertinent diagnostic testing to determine health status.
- Administers medications and treatments.
- Participates in the care planning process and oversees implementation of the plan.
- Supervises certified nursing assistants.
- Communicates with physicians regarding changes in conditions, diagnostic test results, etc.
- Documents assessments and care in compliance with standards of care and company policy.
- Educates patients and their families on health-related issues.
- Conduct comprehensive wound consultations including; detailed wound assessments and recommendations for interventions and care planning.
- Conduct wound assessments for resident and complete all associated documentation, tracking and care planning activities.
- Ongoing monitoring of all assigned resident with wounds.
- Assess resident/caregivers knowledge of wound prevention and treatment. Provide resident/ caregiver with wound prevention / treatment education as needed.
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
Valid State licensure as an LPN/LVN.
Current CPR certification.