- Atlanta, GA, US
- REQ #:
- Posted at:
- 2019-11-05 13:55:25
The Accountant I position is responsible for all general accounting functions surrounding the reconciliation of resident trust and/or facility depository accounts. This includes, among other things, reconciling patient trust accounts and/or depository cash accounts, working directly with facilities to clear reconciling items, and assisting in the month end close process. (i.e. preparing journal entries, nVision drilldowns, etc.). The Accountant I position is also responsible for reconciliation of certain balance sheet accounts as assigned, plus preparation and loading journal entries as directed.
- Perform facility cash account reconciliations and research and resolve reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Performs balance sheet reconciliations and roll forward schedules and research and resolve reconciling items in a timely manner. Informs management of any system or process issues identified during the reconciliation process.
- Perform resident trust account reconciliations and research and resolve reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Works directly with the Facility Business Officer Manager, National Data Center, and various financial institutions in clearing patient trust and cash issues.
- Assists in the month-end close process and prepares manual journal entries to record corrections to cash accounts and record monthly bank charges.
Knowledge and Skills:
The ideal candidate has strong computer skills, including proficiency with data management, spreadsheet, and accounting software packages. Must have strong reconciliation and problem solving skills. Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures surrounding the reconciliation of accounts. Strong organizational skills and strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks/responsibilities and complete duties within allotted time.
High School diploma or equivalent; some college or technical training preferred. Three (3) years experience in a large, nationwide company is preferred.